If you want to develop your academic career and explore opportunities for a doctorate program in one of the best European countries with fully funded opportunities, then you can find abundant information on this blog. This blog is about the 39th Cycle Call Politecnico di Torino for the Ph.D. scholarship for international students. Read the full post to learn about fully funded Ph.D. scholarships for International Students in 2023.
To apply, kindly review the Call and then head over to the Apply@polito website.
The application period has been split up into its own segments. When an applicant accepts a spot in a given session, they are ineligible to take part in any subsequent classes.
Scholarships may be available for deserving students. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and the applicant’s level of experience and skill in the chosen area of study.
Suggested Reads: 39th Call for Ph.D. Scholarship at the University of Milano Bicocca
Subjects for 39th Cycle Call Politecnico di Torino – Ph.D. Scholarship for International Students
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architectural Heritage
- Bioengineering and Medical-Surgical Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer and Systems Engineering
- Design and Technologies. People, Systems and the Environment.
- Electrical, Electronics, and Communications Engineering
- Management and Production Engineering
- Materials Science and Technology
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Urban and Regional Development
Please find a complete list of subjects and collaborative institutions here.
39th Cycle Call Politecnico di Torino – Scholarship Amount
- One-year Ph.D. fellowships are renewable annually if the student has met the coursework criteria and been accepted to the following academic year by the Academic Board. The duration of a scholarship is limited to three years.
- For the fiscal year 2023/24, a Ph.D. fellowship will pay a gross annual sum of € 18,854,52, subject to social security contributions. The effective monthly cost is €1,386. (unless welfare rates change).
- Students who receive a scholarship do not have to pay federal, state, or municipal income taxes. (IRPEF). Politecnico di Torino is responsible for paying two-thirds of the INPS contributions (Gestione Separata) and the recipient is responsible for paying one-third of the INPS payments from the scholarship award. According to the law, the scholarship will be raised by 50% for each semester or academic year spent studying or conducting research outside of the United States.
Requirements for 39th Cycle Call Politecnico di Torino – PhD Scholarship for International Students
The following criteria must be met by foreign nationals by the registration deadline:
a) An internationally recognized Master’s degree (Laurea Magistrale) with a minimum final grade of 95/110, or an equivalent academic qualification at the second level obtained outside of Italy.
The following are the only kinds of candidates who will be considered for this round of voting:
- Master’s degree holders (Laurea Magistrale), Laurea specialistica holders, and holders of academic degrees from the university system who received their degrees prior to DM no. 509 of 3 November 1999, as amended by DM no. 270 of 22 October 2004 – with a minimum final score of 95/110 or higher – are eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution who have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Those who didn’t complete there degree and are about to complete this year, in these situations are allowed to “conditionally” take part in the selection procedure. They must complete their degrees by the above-mentioned dates in order to be considered for admission to a Ph.D. program.
- These individuals must have a Master’s test GPA of at least 25/30. In any event, they have to get at least a 95 on their final exam to pass.
- Any one of the following certificates demonstrating proficiency in the English language (certificates are legitimate regardless of when they were issued): You must have either a 5.0 on the IELTS or one of the certificates mentioned in the table titled “Table of 04/12/2017 updated on 26/11/2021 (transitional period)” at https://didattica.polito.it/cla/en/certificates to be considered for admission to Politecnico di Torino. OR Qualify for an exemption from providing proof of English proficiency (read full guideline).
- In accordance with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, the European Charter for Researchers, and its own Polito4Impact Strategic Plan, as well as the European Parliament Resolution of 13 November 2018 on minimum standards for minorities in the EU (2018/2036(INI)), Politecnico di Torino strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented groups.
Required Documents to upload for 39th Cycle Call Politecnico di Torino
The following documents are required to be uploaded with the application:
- Identity Document (Passport)
- Passport size Photograph
- Curriculum Vitae (Euro-pass Format)
- Abstract of Master Thesis
- Short Statement of Purpose (SoP)
- Transcripts and Degrees (Diploma, Bachelor, Master)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Name and Email of 2 Reference
- Recommendation Letters
- Valid GRE (General) Test
- Work Experience Certificates
- Awards or Achievement
How to submit Application 39th Cycle Call Politecnico di Torino
The steps to submit an application are divided into three parts:
Step -1 Registration on the portal
- https://didattica.polito.it/pls/portal30/sviluppo.pkg_apply.registrazione First students should register on this portal and fill in their personal and residential information
Step-2 Filling out the application and attach documents
- At the next level, log in and fill in the required information and attached the required documents, and submit an application.
Step- 3 Submit the application fees
- A € 30.00 application charge is non-refundable for each application submitted. Payment must be made using one of the following methods after the online application procedure.
- Payments made with a credit card (or other payment mechanism accepted by PagoPA) are processed immediately, while payments made with a preprinted notice of payment (MAV on PagoPA) are processed later.
Information about the Admission and Selection Process to apply for Politecnico di Torino PHD Scholarship:
The Rector appoints a University Board to determine whether or not applicants to the selection process outlined in Article 6 satisfy the admission criteria after the application deadline has passed. The outcome of this evaluation can be found on the Politecnico website.
The University of Turin (Politecnico di Torino) retains the right to conduct random audits of the declarations and supporting documents submitted by applicants. Since an applicant may be disqualified at any moment for failing to meet admission requirements, the University reserves the right to make that determination.
The Politecnico di Torino retains the right to perform audits in accordance with article 71 and sub. of DPR no. 445 of 28. Documents and self-declarations submitted by a Ph.D. Candidate are subject to verification by the University at any moment. (including after enrolment). Regardless of any potential criminal responsibility that may result from making false statements, the University reserves the right to take the necessary action in such cases.
How to check the Outcomes of the 39th Cycle Call Politecnico di Torino
After the application deadline, a Rector-appointed University Board checks to see if applicants satisfy the selection procedure admission requirements. You can find the final rankings and findings for this evaluation on the Politecnico website (https://www.polito.it/en/education/Ph.D.-programmes-and-postgraduateschool/admissions-to-Ph.D.-programmes/admissions/).
The University of Turin (Politecnico di Torino) retains the right to conduct random audits of applicants’ statements and supporting materials. Therefore, the University reserves the right to disqualify any applicant who has not satisfactorily completed all admission requirements at any moment.
Each Admissions Committee will use the applicants’ individual scores to create a merit rating list at the conclusion of the selection process. In the event of a tie in ratings, the candidate with the younger age will be selected.
Only those applicants who earn 60 or more out of a possible 100 points will be considered for the final selection.
Deadline to apply for PhD Scholarship – 39th Cycle Call Politecnico di Torino- 2023
The application submission deadline for PhD programs in 39th call is given below.
There are two rounds of admissions testing and selection:
First Session: 31/01/2023 02/03/2023 (at 12 PM – CET time) Session Start: 01/11/2023
Second Session: 01/06/2023 20/06/2023 (at 12 PM – CET time) Session Start: 01/11/2023
Third Session: 02/11/2023 20/11/2023 (at 12 PM – CET time) Session Start: 01/03/2024
Project POLITO-PH.D.-CHINA Scholarship for Chinese Citizenship Candidates in Italy
Politecnico di Torino reserves up to 20 Ph.D. positions to Chinese citizens as detailed below:
In the first session of the call, 20 Ph.D. positions will be reserved to Chinese citizens benefiting from a scholarship funded by the China Sc. T. R. E. A. M. (CSC).
Those who are granted entry to Politecnico after the review process will be sent a preadmission letter to include with their CSC application. In order to enroll in the Ph.D. program at Politecnico di Torino, they must first receive a grant from the CSC.
Applications must be submitted by March 2, 2023, at 12:00 PM (local time) solely through the online Apply@polito platform. (noon – CET). Applicants must submit the necessary materials (described in Article 6 of the Call) and proceed as outlined in the Call.
Please take notice that: –
· When applying online, prospective students must indicate their interest in either one or two Ph.D. programs by checking the box labeled “Project POLITO – PH.D. – CHINA.” (maximum 2 options).
· Applicants must have their Master’s degree by October 31, 2023;
· Applicants must specify the contact details of a Politecnico faculty member who has accepted to be their Ph.D. advisor;
· Applicants must rank in order of preference one of the new Ph.D. programs (“Patrimonio Architettonico / Architectural Heritage”; “Design and Technologies. People, Systems, and the Environment”; “Management and Production Engineering”; “Mathematical Sciences”). If admitted, report to the supervisor.
· The POLITO-PHD-CHINA applicants will be judged by a University Board handpicked by the Rector based on their stated reasons for applying, as well as the information provided in their application materials and gleaned from the required interview.
· The Board is also responsible for selecting the applicant’s Ph.D. field of study.
If you have relevant field research, do not miss the opportunity and submit the application before the deadline. As compared to other universities, Politecnico di Torino has the highest scholarship amount than other universities.
What is the deadline to apply PHD Scholarship for international students in Politecnico di Torino?
In Politecnico di Torino, there are three sessions for the submission of PhD Scholarships for international students:
First Session: 31/01/2023 02/03/2023 (at 12 PM – CET time)
Second Session: 01/06/2023 20/06/2023 (at 12 PM – CET time)
Third Session: 02/11/2023 20/11/2023 (at 12 PM – CET time)
What are the open calls for PhD in Italy in 2023?
These are the open calls of PhD in Italian universities:
Politecnico di Milan
Politecnico di Torino
University of Pisa