The DSU scholarship for Toscana region universities (Siena, Florence, and Pisa) is an advantage that entitles the winners to a monetary quota that varies depending on the economic situation and the type of student (on-site, commuter, or off-site), with the latter determined by the point of origin and travel times required to get to the location of the course of study.
The request is being marketed as part of the Tuscany Region’s Giovanis program, which aims to give young people more autonomy.
Both scholarship winners and eligible non-winners are entitled to free use of DSU Toscana’s catering services. If they are off-site and request it, they may also be given free housing (up to the availability of the Company) for winners and at a cost of 250 euros per month for eligible non-winners if they are not on-site. Students who qualify for the regional tax exemption for the privilege of attending university, both winning and eligible non-winning students, are also entitled to this benefit.
Italian Government Scholarships are prestigious awards offered to both Italian and international students, providing financial assistance to pursue various academic programs in Italy. These scholarships are a testament to Italy’s commitment to supporting education and fostering global talent.
What is the DSU Scholarship?
DSU is a system of grants and scholarships offered by the national and local governments of Italy to help students. Students may apply for the DSU Regional Scholarship Program to study for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at prestigious Italian universities. The Ph.D. is not eligible for these grants.
What is DSU Scholarship eligibility?
The contest is open to students who are legally enrolled in degree programs, specialist/master’s degrees, research doctorates, and specialization schools at the Universities of Florence, Pisa, and Siena as well as other Higher Institutes, Academies of Fine Arts, and Conservatories in the Tuscany region.
The ISEE and ISPE indicators of the single self-declaration and the merit requirements will be used to determine the economic requirements during the call.
There are extra merit standards and higher income restrictions for students with minor children and those with disabilities. Students with disabilities are also included in the scholarship program and may be eligible for specially fitted housing options in university residences. For student-athletes competing in national competitions, there are additionally strict requirements based on merit.
What are the Benefits of the DSU Scholarship?
DSU scholarship has the following advantages:
- Free meals in the university dining halls
- Contribution to help with additional costs (for sports, books, etc.)
- Exemption from university tuition costs
How to apply for DSU Scholarship?
Filling out the application through the proper online process is required in order to enter the contest. The yearly call for scholarship applications is posted in the month of July.
DSU Scholarship application form
Before Submitting the application form, students should get register on the DSU Scholarship Apply Link to generate Codice Fiscale and after getting login they must complete the form.
Required Documents to Submit DSU Scholarship
If you’re considering applying for a scholarship and want to know about the necessary paperwork, we’ve put together a simple guide for you. All the documents mentioned below need to be translated into Italian and approved by the Italian diplomatic authorities in your home country, or as per the rules of international conventions on legalization.
1. Family Details Document: This is the certificate that shows who is in your family. It’s really important for getting a scholarship. There are some special cases we need to talk about, like when there’s only one parent, if you’ve lost both your parents or if you have adult brothers or sisters in your family.
1.1 Family Composition Certificate: This paper tells us who’s in your family and how it’s all put together.
1.2 Special Situations:
- If your parents are divorced:
- If the divorce is still going on, we need papers about the divorce or what’s happening in court.
- If a parent has died, we need the paper that says they’re gone if we haven’t seen it before.
- If your dad didn’t say you’re his child, we need your birth certificate.
- If we can’t find one of your parents, we need a paper from the people who know about that.
- If a parent left your family, we need a paper from someone in charge saying that.
- If there’s a guardian in your family, we need papers that say who picked them to be in charge.
- If you don’t have any parents:
- If both your parents are gone, we need papers that say they’re not here anymore, if we haven’t seen them before.
- If your grown-up brother or sister is married:
- If they’re married, we need papers that show they got married or that they’re married in the family paper.
- If your grown-up brother or sister doesn’t live with your family:
- If they don’t live with you, we need a paper that says where they live or we can write it in the family paper.
2. Income Proof Documents: This is about money, like how much you or your family members make.
2.1 Income Certificate: We need a paper that the people in charge of taxes give you. It says how much money you or your family members made in 2022, after taking out taxes.
2.2 Other Papers for Money: If you can’t get the paper above, you can show us other papers:
- A paper from your boss that says how much you earned in 2022, including taxes.
- The last paycheck of 2022, which shows all the money you got that year.
- If your last paycheck doesn’t show everything, you can give us all twelve paychecks from 2022.
2.3 If You Don’t Have Money: If you or your family members don’t have money, we need different papers:
- If you’re a student, give us a paper from your school that shows you go there.
- If you’re not working, give us a paper that says you don’t have a job.
- If your mom stays at home, we can write that on the family paper.
3. Property Documents: This is about the buildings that your family owns.
- If you own a house, give us a piece of paper that shows you own it and says how big it is.
- If someone who isn’t in your family owns the house but you live there, we need a paper that says that.
- If you’re renting a house, give us a paper that says you’re allowed to live there.
- If you don’t have any of these papers, we need a paper that says you don’t have a house.
3.2 Other Buildings: Give us papers that show who owns any other buildings.
4. Money in Banks and Other Assets: This is about the money you have in banks or things like credit cards and stocks.
4.1 Money Papers: Sometimes, we need to see your money papers, like when your money is in a bank we know about, or if you work for yourself and have to pay taxes.
4.2 More Situations:
- If you have a bank account we know about it because of your income papers.
- If you work for yourself and need to pay taxes.
- If you or your family members have a bank account or card in Italy.
What is the Deadline to submit DSU Scholarship Application?
The following dates have been set as the deadlines for submitting applications:
• By 1:00 p.m. on September 6, 2023, for students enrolled or planning to enroll in three-year, master’s, and single-cycle master’s degree courses;
• Beginning on September 25, and through 1:00 p.m. on November 15, 2023, for students enrolled in doctoral and specialization courses.
Please note that to compete, you must have signed a Single Substitute Declaration by September 6, 2023, which is valid for subsidized services for the right to study in relation to the student claiming the benefit.
When the Results of the DSU Scholarship will be announced?
The timeline of provisional ranking:
- for students enrolled in programs leading to a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or single-cycle Master’s degree, the deadline is 2 October 2023.
- for those taking Ph.D. or Specialization courses, 15 December 2023
When the Ranking List of the DSU Scholarship will be published?
The DSU compiles one ranking list that includes both international and Italian students. Every year, final ranking lists are usually announced by the end of September. Every year, the final rankings are typically certified by the end of November. The allocation of grant results will be made public on the website www.dsu.toscana.it and made accessible in the students’ personal areas. Personal written correspondence with applicants regarding results is not permitted.
- For students pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, or single-cycle master’s degree, the deadline is 30 November 2023.
- For students enrolled in a three-year or single-cycle degree program, the deadline is 31 October 2023.
- For students enrolled in a Ph.D. or specialization course, the deadline is 15 January 2024.
The ranking for the initial application simply takes into account the annual household income. Academic achievement is also taken into consideration for succeeding years’ lists.
Duration of DSU Scholarship:
Free Canteen and Residence (if accommodation applicable)
- Annual scholarship recipients: from October 3, 2023, through September 30, 2024
- winners of six-monthly scholarships: from March 3, 2023, to March 31, 2024
- Ph.D. or postgraduate award winners: January 1, 2024, to December 31, 2024
The DSU Scholarship 2023 is a fantastic opportunity for talented and deserving students to fulfill their academic aspirations without the burden of financial constraints. If you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t miss this chance to apply and embark on a journey of knowledge and personal growth. Take the first step towards a promising future by applying for the DSU Scholarship 2023 today! For more detailed information, visit the official website and download the application form. Wishing you the best of luck in your academic pursuits!
FAQs – DSU Scholarship
What is the DSU Scholarship?
The DSU Scholarship, also known as the DSU Toscana scholarship, is an advantage offered by the national and local governments of Italy to help students pursue Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at prestigious Italian universities within the Tuscany region. It provides financial support to eligible students, including benefits such as accommodation, free meals in university dining halls, a contribution for additional costs (e.g., sports, books), and exemption from university tuition fees.
Who is eligible for the DSU Scholarship?
Students who are legally enrolled in degree programs, specialist/master’s degrees, research doctorates, and specialization schools at the Universities of Florence, Pisa, and Siena, as well as other Higher Institutes, Academies of Fine Arts, and Conservatories in the Tuscany region are eligible to apply for the DSU Scholarship. The economic requirements are determined based on the ISEE and ISPE indicators of the single self-declaration, and merit requirements are also taken into consideration.
What are the benefits of the DSU Scholarship?
The DSU Scholarship offers several advantages, including accommodation, free meals in university dining halls, financial support for additional costs, and exemption from university tuition fees.
How can I apply for the DSU Scholarship?
To apply for the DSU Scholarship, you need to fill out the application through the proper online process. The scholarship applications are usually open in the month of July. Before submitting the application form, you must register on the website to generate a Codice Fiscale and then complete the form.
What is the deadline to submit the DSU Scholarship application?
The deadlines for submitting applications depend on the type of degree program:
For students enrolled or planning to enroll in three-year, master’s, and single-cycle master’s degree courses, the deadline is 1:00 p.m. on September 6, 2023.
For students enrolled in doctoral and specialization courses, the deadline is from September 25 to 1:00 p.m. on November 15, 2023.
When will the results of the DSU Scholarship be announced?
The provisional ranking for students pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or single-cycle Master’s degree will be announced by October 2, 2023. For students taking Ph.D. or Specialization courses, the results will be announced by December 15, 2023.
Is the DSU Scholarship open to international students?
Yes, the DSU Scholarship compiles one ranking list that includes both international and Italian students. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Where to fill out the Online DSU Scholarship application form?
Students can fill out the online DSU Scholarship form on this website: https://portale-sol.dsu.toscana.it/apps/V3.1/sol/public/