Are you an engineering student who completed a bachelor’s and searching for a Master of Civil Engineering scholarship? Read the full article to know all universities in Italy that offer a Master in Civil Engineering with a Fully funded Scholarship.
The Basic Requirements for Master of Civil Engineering Scholarship
The basic requirements for a Master of Civil Engineering can be varied university-wise, but the minimum criteria can be as follow:
- Three Years Bachelor Degree: All the students must have completed a three-year bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, e.g. Civil Engineering, physics, chemistry, Calculus, or the relevant one.
- English Language Proficiency: Most universities require International Certification to prove English Proficiency, but few universities, except English Language Proficiency Certificate provided by your last institution, acknowledge that the program is entirely taught in English.
- Passing an Entry Exam: Few universities have set a requirement to pass the admission test to assess the required knowledge of specific subjects.
- Specific Results requirement: Few universities have set the criteria for minimum score acquired during the last degree program that must be followed, e.g., a minimum CGPA of 2.8/4.
Suggested Reads: English Taught Programs in Italy
Career Opportunities after Master of Civil Engineering
Civil engineers can find employment in public administrations and private construction companies or pursue careers as self-employed professionals in the private sector.
1. CAD Technician
Essential Duties: CAD Projects are planned with the help of CAD tools by technicians. They may examine blueprints and conduct additional studies to guarantee that a structure complies with local building codes. Whether it’s 2-D (surface modeling) or 3-D (solid modeling) designs, they use it.
2. City Engineering
City engineers are hired by municipal governments to maintain and update the city’s infrastructure. Bridges, roads, and other municipal infrastructure are all designed by city engineers. During these tasks, they keep health and safety laws in mind.
3. Building Engineer
Engineers in this field are primarily responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of commercial and institutional structures like hotels, hospitals, and office towers. Hotels and factories are under the supervision of some construction engineers. They inspect and fix HVAC systems using the expertise they’ve gained over the years.
4. Civil Engineer
The construction of infrastructure like roadways, bridges, and buildings is a primary responsibility of civil engineers. They make sure that urban areas are livable for people who live there. They are equally at home in the public or private sphere.
A surveyor’s primary responsibility is to determine the exact boundaries and locations of a property in order to finish the site’s specs. Land and water boundaries are established by surveyors, who draw up maps for use in contracts, deeds, and other legal papers. They look into land documents or titles to ensure their information is correct, then report back to the proper authorities.
6. Planning Engineer
Primary responsibilities include developing project plans and deciding on technical methods to ensure the project is completed to specifications. They determine due deadlines for key deliverables and track development with regular reports and audits. Together, they set goals, manage standards, and delegate tasks to team members.
7. Engineering Project Manager
An engineering project manager’s primary responsibility is to coordinate the efforts of the various professionals involved in the execution of an engineering project. They organize tasks, keep an eye on the clock, and control spending. They compile documentation detailing the project and the methods used to conform to code.
8. Transportation System Engineer
Transportation system engineers create complex transportation networks, including urban and rural road networks, collective transportation systems (roads and railroads), railway systems, maritime transportation, and airplane transportation. T.s. engineers know the latest transportation system design tools. They create functional, economic, and environmental urban transportation plans. They can build complex nodes like traffic-light-free crossroads, train stations, airports, and harbors. They can run the collective urban, extra-urban, regional or national railway, naval, and air transportation firms.
9. Geomatics Engineer
Survey engineers use advanced geomatic methods to plan and manage complex surveying projects for structure and environmental monitoring. They can choose topographic methods, digital photogrammetry and image analysis, GPS, aerial and land lase-scan, multispectral surveying from aircraft or satellites, and other methods for various engineering tasks.
They create, verify, and handle topographic databases, Land Information Systems, GIS, numeric maps, and cadastral maps. During construction, they conduct high-precision structural monitoring surveys. Finally, they can run complex experiments and analyze data.
How Valuable Is a Master of Civil Engineering?
The demand for civil engineers is expected to increase over the coming years. Civil engineering is a safe and stable profession because there will always be a need for them.
It’s also a profession that calls for a head for numbers and an eye for originality. Engineers not only need to have the ability to build and plan projects but also to think critically and find solutions to problems. Engineering is a challenging and rewarding profession because it requires technical knowledge and original thought from its practitioners.
Climate change, urbanization, and natural disasters are all issues that civil engineers play a significant part in addressing. They can aid in the development of environmentally friendly structures and the formation of sturdy communities.
List of Top Universities for Master of Civil Engineering Scholarship
- University of Bologna
- Polytechnic University of Milan
- Tor Vergata
- University of Pavia
- Polytechnic University of Turin
- Cassino University
- Brescia University
Master of Civil Engineering Scholarship at the University of Bologna
The objective of the internationally recognized Civil Engineering Master’s degree course is to provide graduates with the advanced scientific and technical expertise required for successful careers in the field. The curriculum is designed to develop students’ professional knowledge and capacity for independent thought and leadership. It gives students a global perspective on civil engineering problems and prepares them for professional practice at the highest level. Columbia University (USA), University of Miami (USA), Université de Liège (Belgium), and Tongji University (China) all participate in “Dual Degree” agreements, which enable students to earn degrees from both institutions. (China).
Furthermore, international agreements allow students to study overseas for some time.
Read complete details about the master’s degree program on the website of the program.
|2 Years||120||English||English Proficiency Certificate Accepted or IELTS||Yes||Previous Degree in Hydraulics and hydraulic works; Land survey; Transportation and Road Engineering; Geotechnical Engineering; Structural Engineering.|
Master of Civil Engineering Scholarship Polytechnic University of Milan
Risk-focused civil engineers are trained in the course. This characterization can be taken two ways.
1) Specialization of civil engineer skills (structures and infrastructures, hydrogeological and seismic phenomena analysis, land management) for risk analysis and management, including risk assessment, structural strength evaluation in extreme environmental conditions, safety measures during emergencies, and long-term prevention and mitigation.
2) Expansion of civil engineers’ traditional skills to include management, territorial analyses, risks of different types (chemical-industrial, Na-Tech, linked risks, etc.), social, communication, economic, and financial aspects, etc.
In fact, it is believed that, in the field of Civil Protection and risk management, professional figures can be helpful and appreciated who, starting from different specializations, know how to analyze and solve problems with a quantitative and structured approach typical of engineering but from a transversal and multidisciplinary vision that understands the complexity of the issues and allows for dialogue with experts in the field.
Read the full description on the link.
|2 Years||Yes||English||Yes||English Proficiency / B2||Previous Degree in relevant subject|
Master of Civil Engineering Scholarship at Tor Vergata University
This Degree deepens methodological, applicative, and construction aspects of Civil Engineering to help people identify and solve building and infrastructure issues. Building, road, hydraulic, transit, plant, and organizational system design, construction, and management are covered.
Structures and Geotechnics and Infrastructure and Transport Systems comprise this basic Civil Engineering course.
The Structures and Geotechnics curriculum trains professionals to manage maintenance, direct construction, design, and possibly consolidate typical works in Structural Engineering (buildings made of reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, steel, and masonry) and Geotechnical Engineering. (earthen constructions, foundations, tunnels, excavations, and support works).
The Infrastructure and Transport Systems curriculum trains professionals in Civil Engineering and network management in services, distribution, and transport to maintain, direct construction, and design infrastructure engineering projects like roads, railways, airports, bridges, tunnels, and underground works.
|2 Years||120||English||Yes||B2||Previous degree in Engineering Subjects |
CIMEA needs to submit with admission application
Master of Civil Engineering Scholarship at Pavia University
The University of Pavia and its University School of Advanced Studies offer a new International Master of Science Programme in Civil Engineering for the Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards with two curricula:
- Reduction of Seismic Risk (ROSE)
- Hydrogeological Risk Assessment and Mitigation (HYRIS)
ROSE assesses and mitigates seismic risk in new and current structures and infrastructure. HYRIS assesses flood, avalanche, and landslide risk to new and existing structures and infrastructure and proposes mitigation steps.
Internationally renowned scientists teach English courses. The teachers’ personal case histories are used in lectures, tutorials, labs, and seminars.
|2 Years||120||English||Yes||B2||Background in relevant subject|
Master of Civil Engineering Scholarship at the Polytechnic University of Turin
You’ll be trained to become a civil engineer, a specialist in the planning, constructing, managing, surveying, overseeing, and repairing public and private works such as bridges, dams, tunnels, and other large-scale structures and infrastructures. (roads, railways, water distribution, and a drainage networks).The program’s coursework focuses on the following three subject areas:
First, you’ll hone your skills in Basic Engineering by studying the theory of structures, materials technology, geomatics, mathematical modeling, and project management—all of which are essential in the building industry.
The second domain of study is Civil Engineering, wherein you will learn more specialized information about the construction of civil structures and infrastructures. These include foundations, the design and building of road networks, and more advanced structural mechanics (with an emphasis on concrete and steel).
The third study category consists of five distinct concentrations that offer an in-depth education in crucial subfields of Civil Engineering.
After each path lies, a capstone project worth a significant number of points; such undertakings typically culminate in a thesis and defense before an impartial panel. Both design-based and research-based options are available to students.
Five Specialist Tracks
- Geotechnics: You will delve into issues that will help place these endeavors within the context of the United Nations’ recently established sustainable development goals, such as fostering the adaptation and mitigation of climate change, the safety and resilience of constructions, and the sustainable innovation in the use of the land.
- Structures: The topics covered in the structural engineering concentration include the use of analytical, experimental, and computational tools for physical-mechanical modeling of the dynamic behavior of structures in response to a variety of forcings, as well as the application of theoretical principles of structural mechanics. You will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to evaluate the security, dependability, comfort, and safety of structures and apply state-of-the-art theories and methods to the construction and optimization of both new and existing buildings.
- Water engineering: This subfield focuses on research into fields where water plays a crucial part. Industrial hydraulic systems, hydropower facilities, flood risk management infrastructure, water transport networks, and urban drainage systems are just some of the topics covered.
- Infrastructures and transportation systems: Transportation infrastructure design, building, management, maintenance, and control are covered in the infrastructure and transportation systems track. Infrastructure features will be defined as transport demand, human factors, traffic safety, and environmental and economic effect. You will learn how to analyze and identify issues with infrastructure materials and model the functional and structural behavior of roads, airports, and railways about the vehicles, aircraft, and trains that will use them.
- Management and rehabilitation of buildings and infrastructures: If you’re interested in learning about and quantifying the deterioration of materials and buildings due to weathering and aging, this concentration is for you. You will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to implement, develop, and utilize monitoring and control techniques for existing structures to evaluate the likelihood of their degradation and subsequent decrease in load-bearing capacity.
|2 Years||120||English||Yes||B2||Three Years Bachelor Degree in Relevant Subjects|
Master of Civil Engineering Scholarship at Cassino University
The University of Cassino and Southern Lazio’s International Master of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering is designed to give students in-depth, advanced training in the core disciplines of civil engineering.
Graduates will be able to design buildings (new and old), infrastructures (bridges, dams, tunnels), systems (water resources systems, water, and waste treatment system, transport systems, etc.), processes (groundwater and contamination processes, etc.), and hydraulic and land defense works across a wide range of Civil Engineering specializations. The student will acquire the knowledge necessary to handle the technical aspects of civil engineering projects and systems from inception to completion.
The program was designed with a dual focus: on the one hand, it is grounded in the canonical canons of civil engineering, and on the other, it incorporates cutting-edge developments in the field, with an eye toward environmental and sustainability concerns.
|2 Years||120||English||Yes||B2 / English Proficiency||Bachelor’s Degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering or another equivalent degree with First Class Results|
Master of Civil Engineering Scholarship at Brescia University
The Civil and Environmental Engineering Master’s Degree Programme is a two-year, full-immersion program delivered in English.
Students must have a solid foundation in Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, Fluid Mechanics, and Structural Mechanics and hold a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution. A total of 120 credits will be earned throughout the two-year program. These credits will be distributed among required courses, electives, and other electives the student selects.
|2 Years||120||English||Yes||B2 / English Proficiency Certificat||3 Years Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering, with a sound background in Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, Fluid mechanics, and Structural Mechanics|
Suggested Reads: English-Taught Programs in Computer Science Master Degree in Italy
In conclusion, those who want to advance their jobs in civil engineering should consider studying for their Master’s in Italy. Students can find a Civil Engineering degree program that fits their academic and professional interests at one of the many colleges and institutions that offer this field of study.
Admission to an institution often necessitates fulfilling standardized criteria and language requirements. In general, those who earn their Master of Science in Civil Engineering from an Italian institution gain the expertise and insight to become leaders in the field.
Which universities offer a Master of Civil Engineering with Scholarship in Italy in 2023?
The following universities offer Master of Data Science Scholarship in Italy
– Bologna University
– Pavia University
– Tor Vergata
– Cassino University
– Brescia University
– Polytechnic University of Turin
– Polytechnic University of Milan
Which Universities offer English-taught Master in Civil Engineering in Italian Universities?
The following universities offer English-taught Master of Data Science Scholarship in Italy
– Bologna University
– Pavia University
– Tor Vergata
– Cassino University
– Brescia University
– Polytechnic University of Turin
– Polytechnic University of Milan